Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cotton Boll and Lincoln's Platform

Made a little more progress on blocks.

Cotton Boll is a fun one.  Fussy cutting the bars to make them meet in the middle is just plain cool.  I love how that works!
















This is Lincoln's Platform.  Not too sure about the vibrancy of the pink and the blue in it.  I like the fabrics, but they seem a bit bright.  I guess we'll see as we evaluate them all together on the design wall.






























The fabric samples you see clipped to the pattern pages are the beginnings of my recording system to catalog the fabrics we end up using in these quilts.  I was reading on Barbara Brackman's Material Culture blog once about how the fabric companies kept "Mill Books" to document their fabrics.  I thought that sounded like a good idea.  A little fabric history for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment