Sunday, May 5, 2013

First Blocks......

Our plan for making these quilts entails each of us making two each of half the blocks.  There are 60-some total between the blog patterns and the book.  So, we went through and numbered them according to the blog posts, then added the additional 10 from the book.  Annie has the odd-numbered blocks, and I'm doing the even-numbered ones.

So, our first work day consisted of us figuring out the fabric choices for several of our blocks.  I love the process!  With such lovely fabrics to work with, we're feeling pretty confident that the end result will be something we'll love.

This is the first block pattern I finished.  It's "North Star."


And this is the first block pattern Annie finished.  It's "Missouri Star."  At this point, it's our favorite.



Funny how we both did a star first!

So, we're off and running.


3 comments:

  1. Love the Missouri Star ~ similar to the North Star, but I love the look of the points with the two different fabrics and the additional center.
    I have some North Stars on my Sampler. I liked doing those.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Missouri Star, too. For awhile it was our favorite block. Now I'm not sure. Some others have turned out pretty spectacularly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome project ~ it's all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete