Monday, July 22, 2013

Auditioning Fabrics for My Last Blocks!

The last time Annie and I got together to work on our quilts we made decisions about our final blocks.  It's taken me awhile, but I've finally gotten my last blocks cut out and I took pictures of the "auditions" for each of them.  This is the point at which I'm really able to see if I think the block is going to work.  I'm pretty pleased with these four.  Here they are......


First is "Ohio Star," taking it's place in one of the
remaining "brown" slots in the block arrangements.


Second is "Apple Tree," also filling a "brown" slot.


Third is "Grapes of Wrath," which is our remaining "primarily blue with some brown" block.


Fourth is "Christmas Star," and it's our final green and gold block.


Getting pretty close here!!

We also went shopping to fill in some of the gaps we had in our lights and darks for the sashing.  Nine-patch and Rails is the theme, and we have some fun pieces to work with from the leftover fabrics of our blocks, as well as a few new ones that coordinate well with the overall feel of the quilt.  More pictures to come!


4 comments:

  1. Love the Apple Tree and Grapes of Wrath. They're all beautiful!
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne. This projects has been such fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you have chosen! Absolutely beautiful. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sarah. And thanks for visiting our blog!

    ReplyDelete