Saturday, August 17, 2013

We've been making progress.......

It's been awhile since I've sat down to document our progress.  I'm just going to do a few blocks tonight, and hopefully a few more tomorrow.

We keep thinking we're on our last blocks, and then we decide we need to change some and take away a few, and add in some more.  :-)  As we're "living with" the blocks on the design wall, we're finding we want to refine it a bit more.  So, on we go.

Since my last post, I've put together the ones I showed in their early stages.  We've decided to keep all four the way they are.  That's becoming a rarity, we're finding!

So, here they are.....

Ohio Star
I really liked being able to showcase the cool print in the center block.



Apple Tree
Red and Golden Apples as we head into
apple season here in the Northwest!



Grapes of Wrath
I was pleased with how the basket came out with fussy-cutting the foulard print.
The print wasn't on-grain, so I had to mess with it a bit.



Christmas Star
This enabled us to use quite a few greens we like,
as well as the fun paisley in the outer pieces.
It's a little washed-out in the picture, but it's beautiful.




And Annie has been busy, as well.  Here are some of hers that she finished in the past couple of weeks.

Tea Leaf
The browns are beautiful.  I really like this one.



Union
Look at the  beautiful points she did!
We find ourselves using this background print a lot.
It's from the General's Wives collection by Nancy Gere from Windham Fabrics.
We happened to ask at a wonderful reproduction fabric shop
as to whether she had any of this fabric, and she said,
"Well, I think I may have some in the back.  I've been hoarding it!"
Voila!  She was willing to sell us some and we're so glad she did.



Railroad Crossing
This one was supposed to use two different fabrics in the four outer squares,
but we wanted to use this cool border print instead. 
We like how it came out.  And the red and brown just look so rich!



So, that's it for now.  More to come!  We are hoping to have all of our blocks finished by the 1st of September, and it's looking pretty good from here!

2 comments:

  1. They're all awesome ~ I like the Ohio Star and Union best, I think. It's hard to pick out a favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne. I agree, it's hard to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete